Wallet News and Designs

I discuss everything related to wallets including wallet designs (from old fashion to high tech) to wallet news to discussion about everything that goes into wallets (bills, credit cards, drivers licenses, family pictures).

Thursday, August 18, 2005

National Treasure and a 100 Dollar Bill


Do you ever carry 100 dollar bills in your wallet? I never get denominations higher than 20 dollar bills. The main reason is that it can be difficult to use it. Many places won't accept denominations over a $20. Although I suppose that can depend on where you shop.

The movie National Treasure with Nicolas Cage was filled with interesting factual and historical tidbits. One tidbit had to do with the 100 dollar bill. In the movie, Cage's character determined that the back of a 100 dollar bill was a clue for the time of day that they needed to find some special spectacles. The time was from the hands of the clock on the tower of Independence Hall. The movie indicated that the time was 2:22. However, the $100 bill actually shows the clock hands to be 4:10 according to this one site.

I haven't been able to find a good zoomed in image of the back of the 100 dollar bill showing the clock. And I don't have any 100 dollar bills to inpsect. Perhaps I'll get one just to prove to myself that the clock hands are set to 4:10.

I've found some general info on the 100 dollar bill at Wikipedia. Also, it's interesting to see how the 100 dollar bill has changed through the years. You can see all the old designs at the Currency Gallery site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home